CardiologyIn Valle Giulia Clinic, the department of Cardiology performs the following exams:
- Doppler echocardiography
- ECG Holter monitor (24 h)
- ECG events (72h)
- Effort test monitored using ECG and echocardiography with a bed ergometer
- Dobutamine stress echocardiographya
- Ambulatory monitoring of pressure (Holter pressure monitor)
- Transesophageal Electrophysiology
- Initial check of the arterial pressure with anamnesis and complete clinical examination.
- Complete evaluation of the arterial pressure (measurement of arterial pressure at home, in clinic, ambulatory 24h, aortic pressure and central and peripheral pressure).
- Complete evaluation of individual cardiovascular risk through the research of the damage affecting organs (heart, kidney and brain) due to arterial hypertension.
- Estimate of individual cardiovascular risk - Project Heart of National Health Institute and project SCORE of European Society of Cardiology (ESC).
- Certification of the functional class NYHA (New York Health Association) for medical-legal reasons.
EVALUATION OF THE EFFICACY OF THE THERAPY
- Treatment of the patient with arterial hypertension with progressive schemes of the therapy every 4-6 weeks.
- Preliminary evaluation of the efficacy of the antihypertensive therapy through control visits before the first 2-4 weeks.
- Rapid evaluation of the control of the arterial pressure through dispatch of the domiciliary diary by e-mail and a following evaluation of the pharmacological therapy in progress.
- Fulfillment of the control of the arterial pressure during therapy in an elevated percentage of treated patients.
EVALUATION OF THE TOLERANCE TO THE THERAPY
- Standardization of the schedule of consumption of the pharmacologic antihypertensive therapy.
- Evaluation of the adherence to the therapy through calculation of the number of tablets or the number of wrappings consumed from the moment of the first prescription, in defined intervals of time.
- Possibility of rapid signalling by e-mail of the adverse events or of the unwanted reactions and subsequent rapid evaluation of the pharmacological therapy in progress.
THE PATIENT’S LIFE-STYLE
- Control of the feeding, of the working activity and of the physical activity.
- Introduction of dietary charts and of personalized physical activities.
Proctology/AbdominalAt the Valle Giulia Clinic, besides the surgical treatment of the most common illnesses, a particular specialization is present for the colon-proctologic pathologies. It is a sector specialized in the cure of the digestive apparatus and of the anal-rectal tract. Thanks to the development of a highly specialized compartment within the colon-proctologic illnesses, it is possible to interfere with greater accuracy and specificity both for the diagnosis and for the choice of the therapeutic strategy, often multidisciplinary, in order to guarantee optimal results and minimal complications.
The Clinic Valle Giulia, after having recognized the fundamental role of prevention, has developed a series of Services and Check-up and Screening assisted from Radiologic Diagnostic and Endoscopic activities.